Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Has anyone tried Maybelline Mineral Powder Foundation?

Is it a good foundation? Also, is the brush included good?Has anyone tried Maybelline Mineral Powder Foundation?
I am really impressed with this foundation. I wasn't expecting much from this as I had been disappointed by Maybelline on numerous occasions and all the hype surrounding mineral make-up made me wary. But I couldn't resist the temptation to give this a try due to all the claims of make-up being good for skin and free from preservatives, perfume, talc and oil.





I got this in Vanilla Rose and was quite surprised to find that it matches my skin tone extremely well. Not too dark, not too light and no orangeness- a definite plus. The coverage this foundation provides is superb considering it is a loose powder. Very easy to blend and build coverage without a heavy or powdery finish. It leaves skin semi-matte, evens skin tone and looks natural. It doesn't cover imperfections completely but blurs them, and I find that it reduces redness really well. I have oily skin and had accepted that no foundation would leave me shine-free at the end of a long day. This is the exception. Ok, so I'm not 100% shine-free, but my skin does not appear greasy, but more dewy- very happy with this. The foundation is very light on skin, and I frequently forget I'm wearing this! I haven't suffered from any breakouts or irritation but I'm not going to risk sleeping in make-up, even if it's mineral.





I apply this with a large powder brush in circular motions over my whole face. I don't use the kabuki brush it comes with because I find it too stiff and too small for applying over a large area. But I think it can be useful for building coverage in small problem areas on the face.


The foundation itself comes in a circular container with a sift and a twist lid. You gently tap or shake the container so that some of the foundation goes through the sift. I swirl my brush on the sift then tap any excess powder on the lid. The issue I have with the packaging is that if the container is shaken too violently, quite a large amount of product comes thought the sift and it can become messy. This is why it may not be practical to be carried in a bag.





I cannot compare this with another mineral foundation as this is my first, but I would recommend this to others who, if like me, are new to the world of mineral make-up. Great for wearing everyday and the SPF 15 helps to back up my facial sunscreen. One of Maybelline's best products.Has anyone tried Maybelline Mineral Powder Foundation?
I have tried the Maybelline Mineral Powder Foundation and it is really great. If you want great coverage ranging from uneven skintone to blemishes, this will cover them up because the coverage is very buildable. They have a variety of shades to choose from which is great because they can accomodate your skintone perfectly. The foundation tends to last me all day because after I apply it, I add a light coat of translucent powder to make sure it lasts to its maximum. Although I do this with all my foundations, I did wear it without setting powder on it and it did last me nearly the same amount of time as the when I applied powder to it. It also inlcludes a mini kabuki brush which is nice and offers even coverage of the product, but it can be a bit harsh for those with sensitive skin. If your skin gets irritated real easily, opt for a fluffier powder brush or a bigger kabuki brush that will be much softer to your skin and will apply the product just as well. Overall I give this product 4.5 out of 5 stars because it also tends to dry the skin a bit if your skin tends to be flaky and dry, but it can be fixed by applying a moisturizer before applying the foundation. Hope this helped!
it is great i got mine from a book called AVON an it works great i so think u would love it

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hardware